Forwarding a nice Letter to another Pen pal
Have done it, have enjoyed it. Have you?
An idea that I had in the past, and for some time used, lightly — that a well written letter could enjoy more appreciation and readership if I could forward it to one or more of my most trusted penpals.
Consider the idea, here's some of what I have in mind.
- A particularly good letter, the kind you feel happy to have written, really could be enjoyed by someone who is, like you, a good writer and reader.
- The idea is to share a letter with one or two closer pen pals, Friends in fact, even if physically distant.
- I would copy the whole original body text;
- The open the new recipient's area, and start a new letter to them;
- Select a nice stamp, something I do at the beginning of every letter, something relevant to this letters topic, possibly?
- click on editor window, and Paste in the complete letter you copied before.
- Now read it line by line — and find any personal bits that should not be shared; remove them.
- Work your way to the bottom, when done the letter should contain only your own ideas, emotions, experiences, nothing that could embarrass the original pen pal.
- We don't share someone else's letter to us — as THEY are the Authors, and own the Copyright to it.
At this point we should have a nice letter in the editor, something you want this person to see, read, maybe comment. I have greatly enjoyed their feedback, and the fact that I got more out of the time spent writing the original letter.
Go back to the very top — and introduce the idea, explain it briefly, so the destination person understands (and doesn't feel threatened, that you might do this to one of THEIR letters — make sure they know this will NOT happen)
Here's an example of how an Intro to a shared letter could look like.
Hello again, C.,
It's me again, this time with a copy of a letter I just wrote and sent to a lady I spoke with on Twitter – where we both posted to the Slowly official support account.
She sent me a nice letter, thanking me for advice and help. Here is a reply detailing some of my travels that I feel you would enjoy reading. It brought back good memories.
For your reading pleasure, C. , as I know you enjoy travel stories, and those are all first hand experiences.
Have a good week C. :)
Till next time, dear friend. Big hug!
-————————( forwarded letter begins )————————
Thanks for the Inspiration, dear L.
A recently used (two days ago in fact) letter — to the friend who inspired me to write a great letter, and to create this, a new Blog, fully focused on Slowly stories, letters, tutorials, suggestions et cetera.
Just a quick note, I got really inspired by that letter I wrote to you last night. I felt it would be a great piece for a blog page.
And it inspired me to go and get a new one started. :)
I took off any personal info, abbreviated your name to a L only, and made it a pretty page with various stamps and illustrations. I hope you like seeing it. :)
The letter is at : Friends Near and Afar, Letters we Share and Cherish
Sending this with my sincere thanks,
Follow Blog via your Fediverse/Mastodon account :
This page created entirely in MarkDown language. Thank you for reading, feel free to comment about this post – reach me at my Koyu account.
... or post a comment in the Reddit thread for it here.