Most Popular Posts
Time to put together a listing, a public page with our most visited posts. Here it is, extracted from the WordSmith admin pages. Based on page view statistics as of November, 3, 2023.
Hope you find something interesting here! 🙂
Our top 25 posts - November 2023 Edition
1. Don't spoil Desktop Software EngineeringAn English translation of an interesting article. Original in Russian, by software developer Philip Ranzim, and makes important points - recommended reading.
2. Using DeepL Translations with SLOWLY WebThere are various Translation tools we can use. Here I describe how we can use DeepL and SLOWLY Web Client integrated together for great results.
3. Getting Slowly App Free Coins - Easy Guide !Getting the Free Coins by watching Slowly's short videos is simple and a popular feature. You spend a little time, watch ads and collect Coins, which you can use to buy cool stamps in the store.
4. 'Car Rapide' – a successful new stamp storyThings happened fast. My friend's idea was very successful - with the resulting stamp appearing in their local store in less than 30 days
5. Stamps, organize & present a good proposal ?Sharing some tips for successful proposals? A guide, list of suggestions to share with other users, to enhance their stamp proposals submitted to the new Slowly Feedback site.
6. Getting Good Penpals, a Slowly Users GuideSelecting the people we will correspond with is one of the best ways to start on the path of exploring the world of Pen pals correspondence.
7. Some new requested Location stamps coming!After months of no action, we are seeing progress on the Feedback site again. The Slowly team people just upgraded 10 Location proposals to Under Review status.
8. A Laptop is the Best & Easy way to use SlowlyA laptop (or desktop, meaning – a real computer) is absolutely THE BEST way to use Slowly and enjoy it. And since September last year, it became VERY easy to do with Slowly WEB mode.
9. Getting Good Penpals - 2. Three Ways to GoSelecting the people we will correspond with is one of the best ways to start on the path of exploring the world of Pen pals correspondence. This is the SECOND part of my Slowly User's Manual for finding good pen pals.
10. Slowly + VPN? are recent problems resolved?First reported by Asdrubal, from Venezuela, turns out many users were having problems using VPN to access their Slowly accounts.
11. Slowly app & Data Privacy – Different worlds ?An important topic, glad it is now being discussed. The theme of the post is the Privacy of our communications with our pen pal friends in the Slowly app.
12. Getting Good Penpals - 3. Adding by Slowly IDSelecting the people we will correspond with is one of the best ways to start on the path of exploring the world of Pen pals correspondence. This is the THIRD part of my Slowly User's Manual for finding good pen pals.
13. Getting Slowly stamps for Foreign Countries ?How to get stamps for countries missing in your Collection? There are a few different ways. So, I thought of making a post, sharing some tips and notes.
14. Running Android SLOWLY in Windows systemI am a great fan of SLOWLY's Web Client – But it still misses some functions of the mobile clients. We can use Android SLOWLY app in a Windows or Mac system though. A detailed guide for setting up your free Android Emulator.
15. SLOWLY free coins, solving the 'N/A' ad problemI have written before about the basics of getting free coins by watching short video ads in SLOWLY. Now, here are some suggestions to deal with the occasional 'N/A' (no ads available) problem.
16. Hello Kitty 45th Slowly Stamps - Rarest of all.The Banner image is just a small sampler of the MANY Hello Kitty stamp sets — issued in 2019, for the 45th Anniversary, and ONLY in a few Asian countries. Philippines, Singapore, others. Super rare and desirable, right?
17. Liz, a pen pal story - International FriendshipFor this International Day of Friendship, I introduce a good friend, Liz, from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. My user folder for Liz is quite packed with letters; I haven't counted them, but I had to scroll deep to reach the first ones. Which is where my story begins.
18. Antojito - the vanished Mexican Food stampsA really nice new set, first reported by lessonwang at Reddit's Slowlyapp sub on May 8, 2020. This time, it's was a Regional and Limited Release, for sale only on the Mexico Stamp Store. And then...
19. Slowly User Guide, new Achievement Stamps22 ALL New Achievement Stamps – what are they ? There are many kinds. I will group and explain them here, with some illustrations (all are in the snapshot above, courtesy of LessonWang)
20. How they get stamps from all over the world ?Location Mysteries ? Or so they seem. Every once in a while, discussion pops up in one of the topics. Someone intrigued by how come a given user is capable of collecting foreign location stamps, etc.
21. How many Slowly letters you sent and received?Wouldn't you like to know exactly how many? The post describes steps to take to get an EXACT value for our Sent and Received letters, and is not hard to do.
22. Due to some locals, all Indian users are sufferingA reddit topic started by a female SLOWLY user from India started the conversation. Many others replied, and confirmed feeling the pushback, the bad effect on all Indian users, from the actions of some locals on the Internet.
23. Time Machine - new at Slowly Stamp StoreNew and awesome Feature added May 2020 This morning was an exciting time for active Slowly users, those of us who visit and read, write in the Reddit sub for SlowlyApp found a new post — announcing a radical, lovely, awesome new feature.
24. A Letter to a Cyclist Friend - VA Creeper TrailA Fall day and a reply to a friend gets written; To S., a friend from Czech Republic, who like me is a Cyclist. A good correspondent, active collectionist of Slowly stamps, who I was fortunate to meet via the app.
25. Reply to Slowly Letter with Quotes - Tried it?Today's topic is a simple one. How to possibly use Quoted Text inside a letter reply – something that is not a function in the app itself (at least yet) but which upon this first experiment I find quite neat and worth mentioning.
Famous Last Words
Special Thank You to the folks behind this wonderful app — all the hard working people at Slowly Communications.
Letters we share, with pen pals all over the World, via the magic of the Slowly App. A modern day take in the traditional penpal experience.
Come and join us, if you are not yet using Slowly.
Follow Blog via your Fediverse/Mastodon account :
This page created entirely in MarkDown language. Thank you for reading, feel free to comment about this post – reach me at my Koyu account.
... or post a comment in the Reddit thread for it here.