Support proposals for NEW Location stamps ?
We have recent Reddit and Blog posts
...with an updated list of the many countries which still do not have their own Stamps.
- Some have a Flag but no Location stamp, which is super important.
- Some have commemorative stamps, but no Location one.
- and some did not get ANY stamps at all so far.
You can see the detailed inventory of these countries, and who is missing what, here:
There are various Suggestion topics proposing new stamps
...in the new Slowly Stamps Suggestions site.
Some of us stamp collectors felt these countries deserve to have one Location stamp each, at a minimum. We feel that is important, and fair for Slowly users who live in these countries.
And we started a little Campaign of our own, by selecting one of the countries, doing some research, and trying to find a theme for a good local stamp.
The proposals are up, and could benefit from your comments, suggestions and upvotes. There is no guarantee the Slowly Team will take one or more of those on, other than us showing there's a need and support for those smaller and less populous countries.
So – please consider visiting the topics and voting if you like. A good comment is also very helpful. Thank you!
Current Topics in need of your Support :
June 17, 2022 : Editing this post once again – and for a great reason. This morning I got messages from fellow collectors.
A number of our proposals have been upgraded this morning, and moved to the PLANNED stage.
This is SO gratifying, as it means they WERE accepted, and now are moving to the drafting tables for stamp production, soon. Thank you for all your support. 🙂
Proposals now IN PROGRESS stage :
Just a day after some of our ideas moved to Planned stage, some of these moved again – and are now on the IN PROGRESS, design being executed stage. This is heartwarming for those of us involved in their creation, and we hope, also for the Slowly users who live in their countries, or those who really enjoy collecting the new stamps.
- [Cyprus] The Idol of Pomos proposal is also intended to cover a missing location stamp. If you read this proposal, beside the original Idol idea, there is another one for an outstanding Church which is very unique, and a possible candidate.
- [Papua New Guinea] Raggiana, Bird of Paradise, National Animal is a recent addition, and fills in a missing stamp need. Makes much sense also, as the bird is shown in their national flag and Coat of Arms.
- [East Timor] Uma Lulik Location stamp for a currently underserved country. A nice looking stamp could be the result here!
Proposals now on PLANNED stage :
Three proposals just moved up to In Progress, see them on section above. Now in the Planned stage :
- [Palestine] National Flag, November 15 was one of the earlier submissions, and got many votes, has moved up too!
- [Democratic Republic of Congo] Independence Day (Jun 30) is large in area, large in population at 108 Million people and no stamps at all. This earlier proposal has advanced to 'Under Review' status, thank you all.
Some of our proposals have moved to 'UNDER REVIEW' status, thank you for all those who helped and supported them! 😎🌟✨👍😊
The 'UNDER REVIEW' list currently includes :
- [Burkina Faso] Bobo Dioulasso Grand Mosque is a location stamp proposal for another underserved African country. The building is a great example of Architecture that adapted to the local climate and available materials, quite exotic looking and should make a nice stamp!
- [Sierra Leone] The Cotton Tree location stamp proposal is also spot on.
- [Mali] Timbuktu is another deserving location proposal. The city has imense cultural significance, as it was a center of knowledge and trading center for hundreds of years. It is recognizes also as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- [Mongolia] The Mongol Horse, National Animal is an idea for a Mongolia location stamp.
Other proposals are still in the initial stage
...and you can Help ! 😀👍🚀🤗
- [Namibia] Gemsbook, National Animal, Africa is a nice suggestion that makes perfect sense. Namibia has a Flag stamp but no Location stamp so far.
- [Togo] Takienta Tower Houses location stamp proposal is also helping an underserved country.
- [Burundi] Karyenda Drums is another location stamp proposal for an African country still stamp-less.
- [Laos] Pha That Luang location stamp proposal is newly added.
- [Chad] The Ennedi Plateau, UNESCO World Heritage site Location Stamp proposal is a wonderful natural enviroment in sub-Sahara Africa.
- [Benin] The Chameleon Temple, Obamey - Location stamp proposal just went live (June 14) and is an outstanding architectural and cultural object.
- [Palestine] Palestine Sunbird Location stamp is new, and might be controversial. Would the Slowly team support this, a companion Location stamp to our requested Palestine flag?
- [Bhutan] Paro Taktsang / Tiger's nest Monastery Location stamp proposal is a visually striking one. Nested in the side of a mountain, the gorgeous building is amazing. Thanks /u/EducationalAd1575 for the research and posting it!
- [Pakistan] Rohtas Fort, Punjab location stamp is new, added just now. And I think it should be a nice one, it's such an amazing monument.
- [Tajikistan] Tajik National Park, Pamir Mountains Location stamp has been added and awaits some love too. 🙂
- [Rwanda] Rukari Royal Palace Museum, Nyanza location stamp is a new one also needing your support.
- [Suriname] The Devil's Egg location stamp was just entered, and helps shorten up our list of missing stamps.
- [Mauritania] Grand Mosque of Chinguetti location stamp is new and supports a country so far without any stamps of their own.
- [Samoa] Amatasi Outrigger Canoe location stamp was just posted, and shows the ingenuity and design on Samoan canoes which could travel long distances, very fast.
- [Tonga] Haʻamonga ʻa Maui (Coral Gate) – location stamp brings an interesting monument as a landkmark stamp proposal, thanks to Eisenherrz.
- [Lesotho] BASUTO PONY location stamp was just added, thanks to Babacar for that!
- [Democratic Republic of Congo] Okapi, National Animal – location stamp is new, and complements the national flag already advanced to Planned stage.
- [Ivory Coast] Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, Location Stamp is new, created by Melanie D.
- [Ivory Coast] Cocoa Beans location stamp , a second alternative for Ivory Coast, also by Melanie D.
- [Niger] Historic Centre of Agadez, Location Stamp, a UNESCO listed site, Melanie D. post as well.
Right now, that is a total of 29 proposals brought forward by our initiative. Thank you to everyone who already voted, commented and cheered for this.
There are a lot of fluffy, spammy proposals in the site, but the Team is also open and accepting of worthwhile ones – so let's bring ideas forward.
* edit note : revised lists, moved some proposals to higher stages as they have been promoted. Added various new ones. June 26, 2022.
How do I reach this new Suggestions site?
It is actually quite EASY. I first found out about this new site when I noticed the new 'Stamp Request' button showing in the 'Stamp Store' area of the Slowly Web Client – as illustrated in the snapshot above.
- If you are running the Web Client and click on the Stamp Request button, it will open a new Tab.
- And you will be logged in to the Suggestions site, with the same User ID as you currently use in Slowly.
- So, quite easy. Click on the Upvote button, or write a comment supporting any proposals you like, and that is it.
I believe the same should also work and the button be present in recent Mobile versions of Slowly (although I use those very little and have not checked yet).
You can see my original post when I first discovered this, on Reddit.
Have any ideas for Countries currently without stamps?
Please chime in here, even if you don't want to prepare and support a full proposal there, your idea might make sense and be 'adopted' by our group of supporters, maybe make it to a new shiny stamp you can be proud of ?
Our June 2022 releases topic already showed a good number of NEW stamps which all were proposed this way, via the site, and made into the month's release in a short time.
Thank you... 😎🙂👍
Famous Last Words
Special Thank You to the folks behind this wonderful app — all the hard working people at Slowly Communications.
Letters we share, with pen pals all over the World, via the magic of the Slowly App. A modern day take in the traditional penpal experience.
Come and join us, if you are not yet using Slowly.
Follow Blog via your Fediverse/Mastodon account :
You can also post a public comment in the Reddit thread for it here.